Eid Mubarak From MUSLIMNESSMonday, August 29, 2011 Read more → editor, eid celebrations, features, ramadan In the name of God, entirely Compassionate, especially Merciful | Peace be with you
Whichever day you celebrate Eid, I and the MUSLIMNESS team make du`a yours is full of blessings. May God shower your celebration with happiness and generosity. Please remember to make du`a for others and continue supporting any fundraising for the current crises in Africa.
3 things to do this Eid,
- Share Eid with your neighbors
- Encourage little ones to make du`a
"Ya Allah, thank you for our food and new clothing.
Open our hearts towards our neighbors and help us be kind.
Ya Allah, open the hearts of our neighbors towards us.
Ya Allah, unite the Muslims in the world to serve Allah's creation to please Him.
Ya Allah, give Sabr (patience) and freedom to the innocent prisoners and guide those who are at fault.
Ya Allah, forgive us for our mistakes and have mercy on us."
- Follow the Prophetic sunnan for Eid day
2. Clean your teeth with a Miswaak (or toothbrush).
3. Take a bath and wear alcohol-free perfume.
4. Wear your best clothing.
5. Eat a sweet food, preferably dates, before the Eid prayer.
6. Recite the following Takbir in the low voice while going to the Eid prayer:
“Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Laa ilaaha ill'Allahu Wallahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Wa lillahil Hamd."
Meaning: Allah is the greatest, He is the greatest. There is no god except Allah. He is the greatest. All praises and thanks are for Him.
Eid Mubarak everyone. Alhamdulillah.